The Barcelona Tennis Academy Facilities
The Barcelona Tennis Academy training programmes take place at the Andres Gimeno Tennis Club in Castelldefels, a suburb of Barcelona, in Spain. The Academy’s students are given full club membership and have access to its gym, fitness, swimming pool and padel facilities for as long as they are enrolled with us. The club is a 5-minute walk from the beach, a 10-minute drive from the Barcelona International Airport and just 15 km from the centre of Barcelona.
Our great new facilities have all the necessary structures to establish complete training programmes for our players. The club boasts 21 clay courts, 1 greenset, 2 mini tennis courts and 11 padel courts.
The club has a beautiful swimming pool. We use it frequently for our fitness sessions.
By the pool there is a chill out area where players can recover from a hard day of training.
FITNESS CENTRE & gym
The gym is spacious and includes all the equipment required for a first-rate workout.
The aerobics studio is perfect for a quiet stretch after training. It is also used for classes such as yoga, pilates, body pump and more.
The Barcelona Tennis Academy is located within walking distance from the Castelldefels beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in Spain. It is a long, sandy beach with a wide promenade.
Not only is it a great place for relaxation and recovery after tiring training sessions, but also a frequent setting for our fitness workouts. At least once per week, we have fitness on the beach, combining hard work with fun.
Bar & Restaurant
The restaurant is located at the tennis club. It is run by the DISTINTO Restaurant, owners of several restaurants and with broad experience.
You can relax on the terrace overlooking the courts and a pool and cool off under one of its beautiful sunshades whilst watching a game of tennis, playing cards or dominoes, or just simply chill out.
The newly redecorated bar is a great place to have a chat with friends or to watch one of the sporting events, including ATP & WTA tournaments and all the FC Barcelona football games.
HOUSING & ACCOMMODATION
WHERE TO STAY
The Barcelona Tennis Academy offers different types of accommodation options and will help you make your stay as comfortable as possible. The hotels, aparthotels and families collaborate with us and offer special prices for players staying at the Academy. For enquiries you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- HotelBelAir - 4**** (in front of the sea) Unique, modern hotel near the beach front and promenade of Castelldefels. Calm and relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy these from the terrace of your room. Passeig Maritim, 169 – 08860 Castelldefels, Spain - a 20-minute walk to the academy.
- Apartments Masd Mediterraneo - 4**** (near the sea) Perfectly located beside the Castelldefels Beach, offers a spa, a hot tub, a swimming pool and rooms with free Wi-Fi. Carrer Disset, 3- 08860 Castelldefels, Spain - a 5-minute walk to the academy
- Hotel Canal Olimpic- 3*** (beside Barcelona Tennis Academy) Located beside Barcelona Tennis Academy and near the Olimpic Canal. 49 rooms, pool, parking, Jacuzzi, sauna and restaurant. Carrer de la Ginesta, 13- 08860 Castelldefels, Spain.
- Hotel Pitort- 2** (a 5-minute walk to Barcelona Tennis Academy) Recently built, is located in the residential area of Castelldefels, between the beach and the shopping area of the city. A coffee bar without terrace and free parking within the grounds. Passeig Pitort, 170 - 08860 Castelldefels, Spain.
- Apartments Marsol - 3*** (a 5-minute walk to Barcelona Tennis Academy) Around a 10-minute walk from Castelldefels Beach, Aparthotel Marsol offers air-conditioned apartments with a private sun terrace. The complex includes an Argentinean steak restaurant and an outdoor swimming pool. Avenida Castelldefels 112-114 - 08860 Castelldefels, Spain.
WHERE TO EAT
The official restaurant of our academy located in our tennis club Andres Gimeno. The menu is tailored to sports people’s needs, consisting of healthy dishes of Mediterranean cuisine.
You can enjoy your meal on the fantastic terrace while watching tennis matches on the club’s courts.
Restaurant CHE CHE
Situated about 5 minutes from the club & looking over the beach.
You can sample there delicious paellas and a varied choice of fresh fish & seafood.
Located across the street from the beach. You can find there typical Spanish tapas and pinchos, as well as a rich variety of dishes from the Basque country.
Casanova Beach Club
Situated 10 minutes from our academy. Apart from the pleasant, relaxing atmosphere and spectacular sea views, it offers a perfect fusion of Mediterranean and Asian cuisine. Besides enjoying their tasty dishes, you can have a drink there while listening to great music.
Overlooking the fantastic Playa de Castelldefels, the pizzeria is located within a 5-minute walk from our academy. It offers a great selection of pasta dishes, pizzas and fresh salads - all made with love, Italian food at its best.
And many more in Castelldefels, which offers great variety...
WHAT TO DO
Castelldefels is perfectly located to give access to a wide range of sporting and leisure activities and below are just some of the activities you might enjoy as a parent, coach, player or holidaymaker during your time with us, whether you are just relaxing or doing something more active.
Barcelona City: Famous for its architecture, Gaudi houses and the Sagrada Familia, Parc Güell, Olympic Port and Port Vell, Monjuic Park, Barcelona Zoo, Medieval Town and Cathedral; with its Catalan art and culture, restaurants, cinemas and big city shopping, Barcelona is a truly memorable place to visit and only a short train journey. Don’t miss La Rambla.
Port Aventura: Europe’s largest theme park with big rides, fun, excitement and activities for children from 8-80 ;-). Approximately 1 hour.
Barcelona Football Club: Visit one of Europe’s most famous clubs and the sensational Nou Camp Stadium. Visit their website to find out more how to buy tickets for most home games.